my Story The Journey

From Major Brain Surgery to Internet Entrepreneur

 My Story The Journey

The Luckiest Man Alive our holiday to Thailand 2009 almost ended in tragedy when I needed lifesaving brain surgery to drain a blood clot. We were into the third day of our three-week 3-day stay in Pattaya when I felt unwell while lying by the pool. We went back to our hotel room so I could lie down felt something go pop in my head  followed the most violent headache, quickly realised something was seriously wrong. "One minute we were enjoying ourselves and then the next I nearly died," 

I was diagnosed with a subarachnoid brain aneurysm and underwent a six-hour operation on Friday night. Surgeons pinned the blood vessel to stop the bleeding and fitted a tube to drain the blood clot from my head. My wife was absolutely petrified as the surgeons said it was touch and go whether I would survive," .

Neuro surgeon the doctor that operated on me and saved my life I remember nothing being in a semi conscious state but my wife told me that I was saying my goodbye's to her. It was 7pm Friday night before they took me to the operating theatre the operation was to take 6 hours, she said, she did not sleep very much that night, but semi asleep, she said the phone in her room rang about 8:30 Saturday morning, she picked it up and said, Rob is that you, I said yes, Pauline I want to see you, she came down to intensive care to be with me. This was surreal,  it had only been 8 hour since major brain surgery, and I called her from my bed in intensive care.  
The week I was in intensive care is a blur I don't remember anything about it I was heavily sedated. Drifting in and out of sleep but I knew that she was with me all the time.

 24 hour care my private nurse I was moved to a private room were my wife could join me I also had a nurse on 24 hour care to look after me. After about two weeks in the private room I was given the all clear to travel home I had to be escorted home by a nurse she came to the hospital to access my condition, she said,  I was the most well looking sick person she has ever escorted home. This being down to the excellent medical care from the doctors and nurses at Bangkok hospital. Thank you, you saved my life.

Once home I had to retrain my brain,  I could walk talk but not much else, I did not know how to turn the computer on at first, when I turned it on I just looked at it had no idea what to do, I had to find a program I could use to exercise my brain and get it working again the game I found was solitaire I played non stop for 6 months getting faster and faster with every game. I have no memory of the 3 weeks in Thailand only by the hundreds of pictures my wife took.

intensive care nurses Two years later 2011, I was given the all clear to fly, We decide to go back to Bangkok hospital and visit the ICU unit to say thank you for what they did for me. It was good to see them all in more pleasant circumstances, I now needed to find the neuro surgeon.  We were waiting for the lift to my surprise she walked out of the lift, we had a good chat I thanked her, she told me we were the first European to return after surgery.  meeting her was the highlight of the holiday. But there was one person we did not meet that year. 
Something was always on my mind she was a A&E nurse on duty that day she was the nurse with the doctor that stabilised me got me ready to be taken to Bangkok.


 A&E nurse Nan helped doctor to stabalise me now good friend So 2012 we went back to Bangkok Hospital Pattaya to find her I remember she changed job moved to dermatology this was always on my mind. got a taxi to the hospital he pulled up outside dermatology and surgical department. 

My wife asked receptionist for her she was there we hugged each other she asked if I was ok said yes. I thanked her for giving me the golden hour so they could get me to Bangkok, she said was only doing my job. So humble and modest a beautiful person

It was now time to do something that would challenge me, I decided to create a green eco friendly website. The Green Planet Advertiser, that was 2013 this was my final stage in fully recovering, 2017 fully recovered decided to convert the website into a business.

The journey has been long and hard its taken me 8 years to get to where I am now, the website has been created and uploaded onto the Internet. The next BIG challenge is to create a successful internet business.